Thursday, January 1, 2009

Auld Lang Syne...My Dudes!


Happy New Year!

2009 is here and I'm not as excited for the year as I was years prior. NYE night seemed like any other night to me. The only thing special was that I was spending it with my family. I'm thankful for that, don't get me wrong, but a holiday surrounded by celebration and future outlook it flies under the radar for me. Now that I am older, this holiday should mean something different for me. Growing up I couldn't wait to break free of my family's timeless tradition of watching the ball drop from the confines of our living room year after year. I wanted to party with my friends or my current beau. A girl could only dream of the picturesque idea of ringing in the new year with her beau's arm wrapped around her kissing her passionately. Looks nice right? Well, that's NEVER happened.

I've partied with the friends already. Now I'm waiting for the beau. The romancing effect of it all. Until then, I'll just stick to the sight of my mama in her sexiest lingerie spraying us with cheap champagne. Yes, it's that sexy! Spending time with the people you love and that love you back, is what its all about this year. Eventually, I'll find that man to woo me into the next year. I can pop a bottle and toast to that!

No comments: