Thursday, January 15, 2009

Subway Love


Being a single gal in NYC, I'm subjected to things maybe the normal single girl doesn't encounter. All the single ladies in NYC you know what I'm talking about, right? For instance, have you ever been on the train minding your busy when you merely glance up to see the station you stopped at and catch the glare of the woman sitting across from you? You think to yourself WTF? Then you see her grab her man protectively. Or even worse methodically place a kiss on some part of his face. Once again leaving you like WTF? I mean really?!? I don't want your man. If I did, believe me a territorial kiss won't make him stay away.

Really, why do women do that? I gets under my skin. Everybody ain't after your man. I can never understand the unnecessary predatory nature of women on the subway with their boo. It baffles me even more when the guy ain't even all that! LIKE REALLY! Who wants a fat, ugly, cock-eyed troll? Umm not me.

What's even worse is what we NYers call 'Subway Love'. You've seen it. Especially on the day you curse love and anything related to it. In clear range, a couple (usually teenagers) booed up in the corner. For a split second you look in longing and adoration, then like a rude awakening you snap out of it. The overly giddy, lovey dovey, owee gooey PDA gets sickening. Suffocating, even. On a good day I have to brace myself from screaming at the top of my lungs "GET A ROOM!". Most of the time I just let out an exasperated sigh and roll my eyes. I should just do as my friend MD says "Just hurl a shoe at them.". Sounds like a great idea to me!

The things I put up with being single. I'm sure it would be different if the shoe was on the other foot when it is me in their place. Well until then...SCREW 'EM ALL

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: