Friday, December 5, 2008

New Direction

I know it's been awhile, but I have GREAT news!

I just completed my first course in the Editing program at NYU. It was a proofreading course for book publishing. I passed with an A and got rave reviews from my instructor. She informed me that I was the best she seen so far and that I have an innate skill in picking out imperfections. *HIGH FIVE* I was extremely blown away. I started this program to give me insight on the publishing industry. If I had what it took to actually be a book or magazine editor. To my delight, I DO! Just hearing that I have what it takes to make it in the industry gave me hope and motivation to push forward with my dream. To make things even better, my instructor has recommended me for a proofreading position at PEGUIN BOOKS!! *Doing the happy dance*

I can't believe all these great things are happening. I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but I'm just so excited. I'll definitely keep you posted on upcoming events.

Until next time...

No comments: