Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Who said you can't go home?

I never thought I would be so excited to come back to the town I once ran away from. Anticipating the stinging heat of the sun at high noon and welcoming the the slowness of the southern town. Temperatures are hitting the mid 80s for the holiday season. I welcomed the 60 degree difference with open arms!

My flight home on the other hand was NOT what I expected. It must have been a while since I flew anywhere because everything seemed so foreign. The stiffness in my back and neck from the 2 hour flight. The horrible closeness of other passengers. Which by the way doesn't help when one of the might need to use the bathroom. Toxic gas on a WHOLE other level, ICK! I one point I really thought...no really know I was about to blow chunks. Thankfully, Delta showed a in flight movie. I highly recommend Fred Claus...HILARIOUS. Only Vince Vaughn can pull off sibling resentment comically. Thinking that my vacation was starting off on the wrong foot, my spirits lifted when I took in the scene of the cleanest airport ever! Coming from JFK, I believe any airport is the cleanest really. Looking around and seeing the lavish digs, I realized I was home.

Seeing my sisters waiting for me at the curb sent an overwhelming feeling of happiness that I missed for awhile. It jumped three more levels when my parents welcomed me home with open arms. Mind you my flight landed at 12:30am and I didn't get home until 2am, but it didn't matter to them. I was so excited that I couldn't go to sleep.

I'll be home for the next two weeks and hope things just get better. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: