Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


Its that time of year again, the time of the foam fingers and the gloating. Its SUPER BOWL! Can't you smell the grill and the hot wings?

This year its the underdog Arizona Cardinals versus the Pittsburgh Steelers in Tampa. This is the second year its been in Florida and I couldn't make it. Oh well! I rather celebrate in NYC at swank parties.

I never really use to party for Super Bowl. Just recently due to friends that need a reason to drink and throw a party. Last year, I celebrated with my friends at a house party. Giants were playing and that's all the reason to stay in NYC and party.

This year I didn't care too much for the teams, but I always root for the underdog which was Arizona. Thanks to a friend I was enjoying the game from the luxurious presidential suite in the W hotel. Time Square was the backdrop to a swanky grown and sexy crowd. It was a different speed for me in how I watch a game, but a change is good right? With the flowing liquors and abundance of food, I felt like I got whisked into an alternate universe. A universe full of beautiful people, expensive fashions, and cash flow. I'm glad to say I held my own amongst the crowd.

Don't know if I'll make it a annual thing, but its a good alternate. I rather kick it low key watching the game from a 32 in box tv in the basement apartment of a dear friend while digging into the pot luck assembled by the guests.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: